Ministry: Ministry of Human Resource and Development.
- There are 126 subject fields for graduate / diploma students for which training is provided.
- National Scheme for providing skill training to Fresh Graduates, Diploma Holders in Engineering and Technology and +2 Vocational pass outs.
- National Apprenticeship Training Scheme (NATS) is instituted by the Board of Apprenticeship Training/Practical Training, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- It is a 1 year programme equipping technically qualified youth with practical knowledge and skills required in their field of work.
- During the period of Apprenticeship, the apprentices are paid a stipend amount, 50% of which is reimbursable to the employer from the Government of India.
- At the end of the training period, the Apprentices are issued a Certificate of Proficiency by the Government of India which can be registered at all employment exchanges across India as valid employment experience.
- The apprentices are placed for training at Central,State and Private organizations which have excellent training facilities.
Eligibility Criteria for the NATS portal
- The applicant must be pursuing a higher educational degree or diploma in a technological field.
- Minimum age for the apprenticeship is 16 years.
- Applicants should not be a beneficiary of any other skill development program of the government.
- The applicant should not be a self employed person. Also he/she should not be involved in a business or profession that yields them a taxable income.
- National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme should not be active in any government service.
- The applicant should not be an existing professional in any field.
what is Apprenticeship?