Ministry of Agriculture signed the MoU with four institutions to promote digital services related to agriculture
Ministry of Agriculture signed the MoU with following institutions:
- Patanjali Organic Research Institute
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- ESRI India Pvt. Ltd.
- Agribazar India Pvt. Ltd
More information about the MoU
The MoUs have been signed with these organizations for pilot project using Kisan Database as adhaar within a period of one year:
- With ESRI for setting up and launching of “National Agriculture Geo Hub”
- With Amazon Web Services for creation of digital services and innovation ecosystem linked with digital agriculture in the agricultural value chain
- With Agribazar to collaborate with Department of Agriculture for pilot project in 3 States (Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan) to promote digital agriculture and
- An MoU has been signed with Patanjali for agricultural management and farmer service in 3 districts (Haridwar- Uttarakhand, Hamirpur- Uttar Pradesh and Morena- Madhya Pradesh).
The Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare had constituted a Task Force and a Working Group of Experts and Technology Experts in the field to prepare a roadmap for digital agriculture.
The Task Force, under the Chairmanship of Shri Sanjay Agarwal, Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare and Co-Chairmanship of Shri J Satyanarayana, former Secretary, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India has prepared a Consultation Paper on India Ecosystem Architecture (IndEA) Digital Ecosystem of Agriculture (IDEA) with a view to keep farmers at the centre of agro-ecology by promoting free digital technologies.