In News: Recently, The Union Education Minister launched NanoSniffer, the world’s first Microsensor-based Explosive Trace Detector (ETD).
- The Nanosniffer has been developed by NanoSniff Technologies which is an IIT Bombay incubated startup.
- It can detect explosives in less than 10 seconds.
- It is being marketed by Vehant Technologies, a spin-off from a former IIT Delhi incubated startup Kritikal Solutions.
- NanoSniffer is a 100 percent Made in India product in terms of research, development & manufacturing.
- The core technology of NanoSniffer is protected by patents in the U.S. & Europe.
- The completely indigenous Explosive trace detector device (ETD) – NanoSniffer can detect explosives in less than 10 seconds and it also identifies and categorizes explosives into different classes.
- It detects all classes of military, conventional and homemade explosives. NanoSniffer gives visible & audible s with sunlight-readable color display.
- NanoSniff Technologies has partnered with Vehant Technologies, a pioneer in Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning- based Physical Security, Surveillance and Traffic Monitoring & Junction Enforcement Solutions.
- It is an affordable device that will reduce our dependence on imported explosive trace detector devices.
- Encourage other institutions, startups and medium-scale industries to research & develop products indigenously.
- It’s a perfect example of academia and industry collaboration, which will set an example for other startups in India.
- Given the constant threats, which our nation faces due to geo-political realities, explosives & contraband detection has become a norm at high security locations like airports, railways & Metro stations, hotels, malls, and other public places.
- Check points at such locations are incorporating advanced detection equipment for rapid scanning of people and baggage. Almost all these products for explosive detection are imported at a high cost leading to the loss of valuable foreign exchange by the country. NanoSniffer is a perfect substitute for such products.