Recently, the Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) launched the Nano Urea Liquid, a nutrient to provide nitrogen to plants as an alternative to the conventional urea.
About IFFCO Nano Urea
- According to IFFCO it is the World’s 1st Nano Urea Liquid
- IFFCO will start the production of Nano Urea Liquid by June 2021 and commercial rollout will start sooner
- It has been developed to replace conventional urea and it can curtail the requirement of the same by at least 50%
- Nano Urea contains 40,000 ppm of nitrogen in a 500 ml bottle which is equivalent to the impact of nitrogen nutrient provided by one bag of conventional urea
- Cost: IFFCO has priced Nano Urea at Rs 240 per 500 ml bottle for the farmers, which is 10% cheaper than the cost of a bag of conventional Urea
- Effectiveness: Conventional urea is effective 30-40 per cent in delivering nitrogen to plants, while the effectiveness of the Nano Urea Liquid is over 80 per cent
- It will be primarily available to farmers through its cooperative sales and marketing channel apart from its sale on IFFCO’s e-commerce platform.
- It is easy on the pocket of farmers and will be effective in increasing farmers income.
- Nano Urea Liquid increases the production with improved nutritional quality and also give a huge positive impact on the quality of underground water, very significant reduction in the global warming with an impact on climate change and sustainable development.
- Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited, also known as IFFCO is a Multi-state cooperative society engaged in the business of manufacturing and marketing of fertilisers.
- It is headquartered in New Delhi, India.
- It was started in 1967 with 57 member cooperatives.
- Today it is the biggest cooperative in the world with around 35,000 member cooperatives reaching over 50 million Indian farmers.
- With around 19% market share in Urea and around 29% market share in complex fertilisers, IFFCO is India’s largest fertiliser manufacturer.