In News: Union Education Minister launches “MyNEP2020” platform of NCTE Portal Platform to be operational from 1st April to 15th May 2021.
- The platform seeks to invite suggestions/inputs/membership from the stakeholders for preparing draft for development of National Professional Standards for Teachers (NPST) and National Mission for Mentoring Program membership (NMM).
- This exercise of digital consultation envisages the participation of teachers, education professionals, academicians, & other stakeholders in preparing the documents on teacher policy for sustainable and positive change in the Teacher’s Education Sector.
- For preparing the documents on above two major recommendations of NEP 2020, NCTE will work in close consultation with individuals/organizations.
- Expert committee will extensively review the inputs collected during the consultation period and will finally formulate the Drafts for public review. Comments by the reviewers from the stakeholders will then be used to prepare a final Draft for notification.
National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE)
- NCTE is a statutory body.
- To set up under the National Council for Teacher Education Act, 1993.
- Since 1995 is to formally oversee standards, procedures and processes in the Indian education system.
- This council functions for the central as well as state governments on all matters with regard to the Teacher Education and its secretariat is located in the Department of Teacher Education and National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT).
- To achieve planned and coordinated development of the teacher education system throughout the country.
- To regulate and properly maintain the Norms and Standards in the teacher education system and for matters connected therewith.
- It aims at training individuals for equipping them to teach pre-primary, primary, secondary and senior secondary stages in schools, non-formal and part-time education, adult education (correspondence) and distance education courses.
Mentor India Campaign
- Department: NITI Ayog
- NITI Aayog has launched Mentor India Campaign, a strategic nation building initiative to engage leaders for guiding and mentoring students at Atal Tinkering Labs.
- The Mentor India Campaign aims at maximising the impact of Atal Tinkering Labs by engaging leaders who will nurture and guide students in the Atal Tinkering Labs.
- Under this initiative NITI Aayog is looking for leaders who can spend one to two hours every week in one or more such labs to enable students to learn, experience and practice future skills such as design and computational thinking.