In news– The External Affairs Minister participated in the 58th Munich Security Conference which was held at Munich in Germany recently.
About the Conference-
- It is an annual conference (held in February) on international security policy that has been held in Munich, Bavaria, Germany since 1963.
- It provides a platform for diplomatic initiatives and approaches to address the world’s most pressing security threats.
- It is the world’s largest gathering of its kind.
- It engages in an intensive debate on current and future security challenges.
- It seeks to promote trust and contribute to the peaceful resolution of conflicts by facilitating ongoing, curated, yet informal dialogue within the international security community.
- It gives a special place to informal meetings between officials to promote peace through dialogue, in line with its original motto.
- The list of attendees includes heads of states, governments and international organizations, ministers, members of parliament, high-ranking representatives of armed forces, science, civil society, as well as business and media.
- It also publishes the Munich Security report, an annual compendium of the most relevant figures, maps and analysis on key international security challenges.