In news– Prime Minister of India has launched Mukhyamantri Matrushakti Yojana in Gujarat recently.
About the scheme-
- It focuses on interventions critical for maternal and child health in the first 1,000 days, starting from pregnancy upto two years.
- It will add nutrient rich chickpeas, tur dal and fortified groundnut oil to “take-home rations” of over 7 lakh pregnant and lactating mothers registered with the anganwadis for various benefits under the Integrated Child Development Scheme.
- The government is projecting the scheme as a key component in the battle against malnutrition, with an outlay of Rs 800 crore.
- Under the scheme, every month, pregnant and lactating mothers will receive 2 kg of chickpeas, 1 kg of tur dal, and 1 kg of edible oil at no cost from Anganwadi Centres.
- A focused outreach will also be carried out through nutritious meals for pregnant and lactating tribal women across the state.
- To enable this the PM also disbursed around Rs 120 crore towards ‘Poshan Sudha Yojana’, which is now being extended to all tribal beneficiaries in the state.