- Union Minister of State for Jal Shakti launched a Mobile application for Geotagging of the components of projects under Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana- Accelerated Irrigation Benefits Programme(PMKSY-AIBP)
- The application has been launched to track the pace of work and actual status of the projects under PMKSY
- Mobile application is developed by the Ministry of Jal Shakti with the help of Bhaskaracharya National Institute of Space Applications & Geo-informatics (BISAG-N)
- Mobile Application can be used by monitoring team/ project authorities to capture the image of project components along with other details such as location, type of canal/ structure, completion status, etc and this captured information can be submitted by the user for geo-tagging on the GIS portal developed for this purpose.
- The mobile application can be operated in both online & offline mode depending on the network availability in the region.