Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh launched Mission Shakti campaign for women safety
Key highlights of the programme
- Mission Shakti aims at guaranteeing security and respect for every woman in the state
- Under this programme a separate room will be provided for women complainants in 1,535 police stations across the state, where a female Police constable will attend them and there will be urgent action on their complaint.
- Culprits of crimes against women will be punished swiftly
- It also intends to raise awareness and tackle crime against women in the state.
- Programme duration is 6 months