In news– Recently, Engineers from Northwestern University, the USA have created an electronic microchip with the capability of flight.
About Micro Fliers-
- It is about the size of a grain of sand.
- The microflier does not have a motor or engine.
- Instead, it catches flight on the wind much like a maple tree’s propeller seed and spins like a helicopter through the air toward the ground.
- These microflier as the “smallest-ever human-made flying structures”.
- They have developed it to sense the environment for contamination monitoring, population surveillance or disease tracking.
- These microfliers also can be packed with ultra-miniaturised technology, including sensors, power sources, antennas for wireless communication and embedded memory to store data.