In News: Recently, Prahlad Singh Patel, Minister of State for Tourism and Culture (Independent Charge) and Shri Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh launch “MICE Roadshow Meet in India” Brand and Roadmap for the Promotion of India as MICE Destination in Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh.
MICE Roadshow- Meet in India
- In order to promote India as MICE Destination (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions), Ministry of Tourism, in association with Madhya Pradesh Tourism and India Convention Promotion Bureau are organizing this ‘MICE Roadshow – Meet in India’ at the heart of Incredible India from 25-27 March 2021 at Chhatrasal Convention Centre, Khajuraho.
- This event will be an effort under Atma Nirbhar Bharat, realizing India’s MICE potential.
- The roadshow will be an opportunity to focus on the Government’s initiatives in developing India as a MICE destination with infrastructure and an ecosystem pan-India that will favourably place India amongst the global competitors.
- The event will also deliberate the draft Master Plan being prepared by the Ministry of Tourism to develop Khajuraho as an Iconic Destination.
Development of Iconic Tourist Destinations Scheme
- Ministry: Ministry of Tourism
- The Ministry framed the ‘Development of Iconic Tourist Destinations Scheme’
- It is a Central Sector Scheme.
- For development of nineteen identified iconic destinations in the country following a holistic approach.
- The identified tourist sites to be developed as iconic destinations under the scheme are:
- Taj Mahal & Fatehpur Sikri (Uttar Pradesh),
- Ajanta Caves & Ellora Caves(Maharashtra),
- Humayun’s Tomb, Red Fort & QutubMinar (Delhi),
- Colva Beach (Goa),
- Amer Fort (Rajasthan),
- Somnath , Dholavira & Statue of Unity(Gujarat),
- Khajuraho (MP),
- Mahabalipuram (TamilNadu),
- Kaziranga (Assam),
- Kumarakom (Kerala),
- Mahabodhi Temple (Bihar).
India Convention Promotion Bureau (ICPB)
- ICPB was set up under the patronage of the Ministry of Tourism.
- To promote India as a venue for International Conferences and Exhibitions.
- ICPB is the only travel industry body with participation from the entire MICE industry, with members from state governments, hotels, airlines, tour operators, travel agents, professional conference organisers, event managers, educational institutions and more.
- The endeavour of ICPB is to have highly developed convention centres all over the country to make India the preferred destination of the world.
Aims and Objective
- To promote India as a competent and credible MICE destination.
- To undertake a continuing programme of creating better awareness of the role and benefits of MICE in the context of national objectives.
- To collect, both from primary and secondary sources, relevant information that could be used to develop a data bank and to disseminate such information to the membership.
- To undertake research for development for India’s MICE industry and disseminate that information.
- To undertake a continuing programme of marketing, through media, for motivating national associations to bid for conventions, etc.
- To encourage growth of professionalism in the MICE segments and evolve an industry code of ethics.
- To provide necessary guidance and feedback to the central government and advise state governments in the development of infrastructure and facilities for MICE segments.
- To conduct seminars, group discussions, courses of study and organize exchange of visits between Indian organizations and relevant world associations/organizations.
- To seek affiliations with world bodies with similar aims and objectives.
- To position India as an attractive MICE destination for competing successfully with other destinations through a 360° targeted marketing campaign for achieving top notch position amongst the prime MICE destinations globally.
- To adopt best sustainable practices followed globally in the MICE industry.