Recently the Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved the merger of BNP Paribas (BNPP)(an International bank) Mutual Fund and Baroda (BOB) Mutual Fund, under Section the Competition Act, 2002
- The Proposed Combination relates to the merger of the BNP Paribas Mutual Fund and the BOB Mutual Fund. The Parties propose to amalgamate
- BOB Asset Management Company (AMC) into BNPP AMC; and
- BNPP Trustee Company (TC) into BOB TC. After the merger, BNPP AMC and BOB TC will be the surviving entities
- BNPP AMC is the dedicated AMC for BNPP Mutual Fund and acts as the investment manager of the BNPP Mutual Fund. BNPP AMC is also registered as a Portfolio Manager under SEBI Regulations. It provides portfolio management services and advisory activities. BNPP TC is the trustee company of the BNPP Mutual Fund.
- BOB AMC is the dedicated AMC for BOB Mutual Fund and acts as the investment manager of BOB Mutual Fund. BOB TC acts as the trustee for BOB Mutual Fund.