In News: The Ministry of Agro & Rural Industries has carried out the cleanliness drive in Ibrampur, Veling and Parra villages under the Mera Gaon, Mera Gaurav Programme.
About Mera Gaon, Mera Gaurav
- It is the national innovative initiative of Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) and operational in many villages.
- It is a farm-centric mission translating knowledge at farmer’s doorstep so as to address his farm-oriented problems in a holistic manner to accomplish livelihood security.
- The ICAR Institutes and Universities have to provide financial support for meeting the minimum requirements like transportation etc. because it does not have a separate budget.
- It has enriched the farmers with the latest technology and has made them adopt the latest improved technologies in the form of interventions.
Objectives of this scheme
- To provide farmers with required information, knowledge and advisories on a regular basis by adopting villages.
- To promote the direct interface of scientists with the farmers to hasten the lab to land process.
- To ensure that farmers benefit from best farm practices by providing required information, knowledge and advisories on regular basis by adopting villages
- To create awareness among farmers about the organisations and their programmes and schemes as well as government policies related to the farming sector.
Selection of village:
- The groups of 4 scientists at every Institute/University will adopt villages within a radius of 50-100 km from their place of working.
- KVKs, Panchayats and other related departments may provide necessary cooperation to the scientists at the local level in the selected villages.