Source: Press Information Bureau
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister has given its ex-post facto approval to the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between India and Bolivia on Cooperation in the Exploration and Uses of Outer Space for Peaceful Purposes.
- This MoU shall enable the following potential interest areas of cooperation such as;
- Space science, technology, and applications including remote sensing of the earth
- Satellite communication and satellite-based navigation
- Space science and planetary exploration
- Use of spacecraft and space systems and ground system and
- Application of space technology.
- This MoU would lead to set up a Joint Working Group, drawing members from ISRO and the Bolivian Space Agency (ABE), which will further work out the plan of action including the time-frame and the means of implementing this MoU.
- Benefits: This MoU would lead to developing a joint activity in the field of application of space technologies for the benefit of humanity. Thus all sections and regions of the country will get benefited.
The signed MoU will provide impetus to explore newer research activities and application possibilities in the field of remote sensing of the earth; satellite communication; satellite navigation; space science and planetary exploration.