Source: Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare
- To establish a Nation-wide market information Network for speedy collection and
- To facilitate the collection and dissemination of information related to better price dissemination of market information and data for its efficient and timely utilization. realization and market access by the farmers. This would cover:
- Market-related information
- Price related information
- Infrastructure related information
- Market requirement related information
- To sensitize and orient farmers to respond to new challenges in agricultural marketing by using IT as a vehicle of extension.
- To improve efficiency in agricultural marketing through regular training and extension for reaching region-specific farmers in their local language.
- To provide assistance for marketing research to generate market information for its dissemination to farmers and other market functionaries at the grass-root level to create an ambiance of good marketing practices in the country
- It is a sub-scheme of the Integrated Scheme for Agricultural Marketing (ISAM).
- The scheme was launched in March 2000 to provide electronic connectivity to the wholesale markets of the country.
- The objective is to collect, analyze and disseminate market information to the farmers, traders, Policymakers and other stakeholders.
- The scheme is being implemented by the Directorate of Marketing & Inspection with technical assistance from the National Informatics Centre (NIC) and in association with the State Agricultural Marketing Boards/Directorates and APMCs.
- The State Agricultural Marketing Boards/Directorates/ Departments /NIC(as the case may be) will be provided funds under the sub-scheme from Grant-in-Aid.
- Assistance for Market-led Extension and Research: Assistance under MRIN will be provided to State Agricultural Marketing Boards/Directorates and Market Committees and National and State level institutions