Source: Ministry of Commerce & Industry
A scheme to play a catalytic role for promoting exports and addressing interventions required by India for exploring new markets and promoting export-oriented activities for commodities and services.
To provide financial support to eligible agencies for undertaking various market access initiatives delineated in the Scheme including any direct/indirect activities for marketing, market research, capacity building, branding and statutory compliances in importing markets. The Scheme envisages to cover the scope of both the erstwhile Market Access Initiative Scheme and Marketing Development Assistance Scheme.
The scheme is open to the following agencies;
- Departments of Central Government and Organization of Central/ State Governments including Indian Missions abroad
- Export Promotion Councils
- Registered Trade Promotion Organizations
- Commodity Boards under the Department of Commerce
- Apex Trade Bodies recognized under Foreign Trade Policy of Government of India
- Recognized Industrial & Artisan Clusters
- Individual Exporters (only where specifically indicated)
- National Level Institutions (e.g. Indian Institute of Technologies (IITs), Indian Institute of Management (IIMs), National Institute of Designs (NIDs), NIFT etc.) Research Institutions/ Universities/Recognized laboratories, etc.
Scrutiny and Sanctions
There shall be an Empowered Committee (E.C.) which will consider and approve the proposals. The E.C. will also monitor the implementation of the sanctioned proposals. The proposals approved by the EC shall be individually processed for financial sanction in accordance with approval for sanction of funds as per laid down procedure in the Government of India.
The composition of the Empowered Committee
- Commerce Secretary – Chairman
- Director-General, DGFT – Member
- Addl. Secy. & Financial Advisor, DoC – Member
- Director, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade – Member
- Representative of Secretary, MEA – Member
- Representative of Niti Aayog – Member
- Economic Advisor, Department of Commerce – Member
- Representative of Secretary, M/o MSME – Member
- Joint Secretary, Administrative Division for MAI, DoC – Convener
- Jt. Secretaries of Commodity/ Territorial Divisions in DOC/MOT– Special invitees