In news : Recently, the Prime inaugurated the Maritime India Summit 2021
About Maritime India Summit 2021
- The summit intends to Explore the potential business opportunities in Indian Maritime sector and making Atma Nirbhar Bharat.
- Organizers: It was organized by FICCI, SAGARMALA, the Ministry of Ports,Shipping and Waterways, India Maritimeplus and the National portal of India
- Partner country: Denmark
- The conference will project vast investment opportunities in each of the Indian maritime states and union territories.
- The Summit will visualize a roadmap for India’s Maritime sector for next decade and will work to propel India to the forefront of the Global Maritime Sector
Maritime India Vision-2030
During this event, the Prime Minister released an e-book of ‘ Maritime India Vision-2030’. Maritime India Vision 2030 is aiming to make the Indian Maritime Industry at par with top global benchmarks in next 10 years.
Sagar-Manthan’:Mercantile Maritime Domain Awareness Centre(MM-DAC)
- The Prime Minister also unveiled the e-plaque of ‘Sagar-Manthan’:Mercantile Maritime Domain Awareness Centre(MM-DAC).
- It is an information system for enhancing maritime safety, search and rescue capabilities, security and marine environment protection.
- India Maritimeplus is a joint initiative of the Ministry of Shipping, Government of India and FICCI, mandated to provide Investment Promotion and Facilitation Services to investors seeking to invest in India’s Maritime Sector.
- Establishment of India Maritimeplus is intended to give fillip to economic activity in the country’s maritime space.
- It is operating under aegis of Indian Ports Association