Why in news?
MANAV is an initiative by the Department of Biotechnology to launch a human atlas designed to improve knowledge of human physiology.
- It is a project funded by DBT and Persistent Systems a biotechnology company.
This project aims to create a database network of all tissues within the human body from the resources available.
- It involves scientific skill development, science outreach and others.
- It aims at getting better insights about human physiology through mapping, develop disease models, and analyse drugs and other things.
- Students from different fields like those linked to sciences will participate in this.
- This will be an important platform as it will explore the avenue where there less exploration and will impact positively on the academics of the students, researches for study and drug development.
- It will enable understanding human physiology in two conditions, namely, normal and disease conditions.
- The project will be executed by the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) an autonomous organization under MHRD and the National Center for Cell Sciences (NCCS) autonomous organization under DBT, Ministry of S&T.