Source: Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has released Rs. 1.00 Crore to National Backward Classes Finance and Development Corporation (NBCFDC) for conducting skill development training programme for the members of Transgender Community during financial year 2018-19.
To provide Microfinance to women entrepreneurs belonging to the target group.
- Women belonging to Backward Classes, as notified by Central Government/State Governments from time to time.
- Applicant’s annual family income should be less than Rs. 3.00 Lakh.
- In a SHG 60% of members can be from Backward Classes and remaining 40% members may be from other weaker section like SC/Handicapped/Minorities etc.
- Maximum loan limit per SHG : Rs.15.00 Lakh
- Maximum loan limit per beneficiary : Rs.1,00,000/-
- Maximum number of women in one SHG : 20
The scheme is to be implemented by Channel Partners in rural and urban areas by way of financing the women beneficiaries either directly or through Self-Help Groups (SHGs).
Pattern of Finance
- NBCFDC loan : 95%
- Channel Partner/Beneficiary contribution : 05%
Rate of Interest
- From NBCFDC to Channel Partner : 1% p.a.
- From Channel Partner to SHG/Beneficiary : 4% p.a.
Loan is to be repaid in quarterly instalments within 4 Years (including the moratorium period of six months on the recovery of principal).