What is LEADS survey?
- The LEADS survey assesses viewpoints of various users and stakeholders across value chain (Shippers, Terminal Infrastructure Service Providers, Logistics Service Providers, Transporters and Government agencies) to understand the ‘enabler’ and ‘impediments’ to the logistics ecosystem in the country.
- The annual survey processes the data received from stakeholders (perception data) and States/ UTs (objective data) and ranks the logistics ecosystem of each State/ UT using a statistical model.
- The LEADS 2022 Survey was rolled out in April 2022.
- The survey further propels the transformative approach by PM-Gati Shakti.
- It identifies issues and bottlenecks which need immediate action and can help synergize the supply chain.
- The States/UT of Gujarat, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh and Goa have been leading in the process of integration of essential data layers.
- The LEADS 2022 survey, along with PM GatiShakti’s transformative approach, is to break the silos and improve the logistics efficiency of the country which will also reflect positively on international indices, such as Logistics Performance Index (LPI) conducted biennially by the World Bank.
- The LEADS 2022 exercise is scheduled to be completed by the end of September 2022, which shall be followed by the release of the LEADS 2022 Report in October 2022.
- In the annual LEADS Report for 2021, Gujarat, Haryana and Punjab held top three ranks among States respectively while Jammu Kashmir, Sikkim and Meghalaya were top three in North-eastern States and Himalayan UTs respectively.