Union Minister of Education launches Lilavati Award-2020: AICTE’s Innovative education program to empower women
About Lilavati Award-2020
- The theme of the award is women empowerment
- The objective of the award is to create awareness about issues like sanitation, hygiene, health, nutrition, literacy, employment, technology, credit, marketing, innovation, skill development, natural resources and rights among women
- Areas covered under it: women’s health, self defense, sanitation, literacy, entrepreneurship and legal awareness.
- The program will ensure the participation of women and enable them to hold higher positions in educational institutions.
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) was set up in November 1945 as a national-level apex advisory body to conduct a survey on the facilities available for technical education and to promote development in the country in a coordinated and integrated manner. And to ensure the same, as stipulated in the National Policy of Education (1986), AICTE was vested with:
- Statutory authority for planning, formulation, and maintenance of norms & standards
- Quality assurance through accreditation
- Funding in priority areas, monitoring, and evaluation
- Maintaining parity of certification & awards
- The management of technical education in the country
The AICTE Act 1987 was constituted to provide for the establishment of an All India Council for Technical Education with a view to proper planning and co-ordinated development of a technical education system throughout the country