(Source: PIB & UGC)
The University Grants Commission (UGC) has developed life skills (Jeevan Kaushal) curriculum for undergraduate( non-technical undergraduate education) students at Universities and Colleges.
The objectives of the Jeevan Kaushal curriculum are:
- To enhance one’s ability to be fully self-aware by helping oneself to overcome all fears and insecurities and to grow fully from inside out and outside in
- To increase one’s knowledge and awareness of emotional competency and emotional intelligence at place of study/work
- To provide opportunity for realising one’s potential through practical experience
- To develop interpersonal skills and adopt good leadership behaviour for the empowerment of self and others
- To set appropriate goals, manage stress and time effectively and
- To manage competency-mix at all levels for achieving excellence with ethics.
About Jeevan Kaushal curriculum
- Courses covered: This Curriculum covers the courses on communication skills, professional skills, leadership & management skills and universal human values
- The Jeevan Kaushal curriculum is suggestive.
- Courses in the curriculum are:
- Course 1: Communication Skills
- Course 2: Professional Skills
- Course 3: Leadership Skills
- Course 4: Universal Human Values