Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourism (I/C) virtually launched “Life in Miniature” project
What is the “Life in Miniature” project?
- It is a collaboration between the National Museum, New Delhi, Ministry of Culture, and Google Arts & Culture
- The project uses technologies like machine learning, augmented reality and digitization with high-definition robotic cameras, to showcase these special works of art in a magical new way.
- On the Google Arts & Culture app, online viewers can experience the first Augmented Reality-powered art gallery designed with traditional Indian architecture, and explore a life-size virtual space.
- The artworks showcased are presented along with five universal themes of the human relationship with nature, love, celebration, faith and power
- Another highlight of the launch is the application of Machine Learning-based algorithms to the corpus of paintings being brought online so that users can explore these miniature marvels guided by Artificial Intelligence.
- If a single miniature painting is a rare joy to behold, this experience – named “Magnify Miniatures” – which enables online users to explore multiple artworks simultaneously is a stunning new experience.
- The project reinforces the comprehensive collaboration between the National Museum and Google Arts & Culture, a partnership that began in 2011.
- With this, Several hundred miniature paintings from the National Museum, New Delhi can be viewed online on Google Arts & Culture by people around the world