Why in news?
- It’s the new crypto currency of Facebook
The crypto currency
- The Libra has been unveiled by Facebook, based on the Libra Block chain; it’s backed by the Libra Reserve.
- Calibra is the digital wallet announced by the company.
- It’s available on android and apple platforms and can be used in social networks like What Sapp and Facebook messenger.
- The name is inspired by the origins of money in Ancient Rome, where the Libra was a unit of weight used to mint coins.
- It is derived from the French word and the astrological symbol