In News: To provide better educational opportunities for Ladakhi students, the Indian Army has initiated the project Ladakh Ignited Minds. A Centre of Excellence and Wellness.
About Ladakh Ignited Minds Project
- In its continuous efforts to maintain cordial Civil and Defence relations and better future for Ladakhi youth, the Indian Army began a project called, Ladakh Ignited Minds: A Centre of Excellence and Wellness, in Ladakh.
- On behalf of Indian Army, Fire and Fury Corps has signed a couple of MoUs with partner Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) and executing agency, a Kanpur based NGO, National Integrity and Educational Development Organization (NIEDO), in Leh.
- Project is aimed at providing better training facilities to disadvantaged Ladakhi students to give them opportunity to study in niche educational institutes.
- In the first batch, comprising 20 girls, 45 students from Leh and Kargil districts, would get training for JEE and NEET entrance examinations.
- The program under the aegis of Indian Army will be executed by Kanpur based NGO, National Integrity & Educational Development Organisation (NIEDO).
- Army would oversee the overall operations to include administration and logistics with requisite funding support through Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL).
- The Kanpur based educational trust named National Integrity and Educational Development Organisation (NIEDO), which has been identified to execute the program will not only mentor and guide the kids and aid their future growth story but will also provide value-based education.
National Integrity and Educational Development Organization (NIEDO)
- NIEDO is the only premier NGO in India working in conflict zones towards composite development of the youth.
- NIEDO is a Public Charitable Trust, primarily into provision of value-based education for the disadvantaged children of society.
- Mentoring the under privileged children, aiding their growth story, apart from primary career chosen, coaching them, soft skill training, critical life competencies, leadership capabilities, personal brushing up, wellness programmes & modules and end to end grooming till they become a productive human resource for the nation.
- Basically, empowering the ill-fated with quality education, liberating them from the shackles of adversity and integrating them with the vibrant democracy and safeguarding it.
- Essentially designed to provide Compensatory Education to make up for deficiencies and disadvantages for the children coming from lower socio-economic strata and other disadvantaged backgrounds and ideally make them Dignifiedly Employable at the earliest in order to bring Sunshine in their and their families lives when the skies are grey besides laying focus on Happiness and Contentment.
- NIEDO also supports and sustains projects in public healthcare, relief to the underprivileged, cultural & social institutions, arts & literature, create meaningful employment generating opportunities for Ex-servicemen and Widows of Martyr soldiers, women empowerment and general public utility.