What is KRITAGYA?
- KRI-TA-GYA explains, KRI for Krishi (Agriculture), TA for Taknik (Technology) and GYA for Gyan (Knowledge).
- The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) has started organising KRITAGYA- a National level hackathon in the month of August, 2020 to promote innovation in agriculture and allied sectors in the country.
- This hackathon has given an opportunity to the students / faculties / entrepreneurs / innovators and others to showcase their innovative approaches & technology solutions to promote farm mechanization in India
The theme of the hackathon:
Provide a platform to showcase and recognize ann innovative and disruptive farm mechanization solution preferably to promote ‘Women Friendly Farm Machinery & Equipment’
Who participated in it?
Students / faculties / innovators from any university/ technical institution across the country
This initiative under NAHEP along with Agricultural Engineering Division of ICAR will also help in enhancing the learning capabilities, innovations and disruptive solutions, employability and entrepreneurial drive in the FM sector, and hence will boost the Mechanisation level in the country.
National Agricultural Higher Education Project (NAHEP)
It was launched by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) to attract talent and strengthen higher agricultural education in the country
NAHEP project aims to develop resources and mechanism for supporting infrastructure, faculty and student advancement, and providing means for better governance and management of agricultural universities, so that a holistic model can be developed to raise the standard of current agricultural education system that provides more jobs and is entrepreneurship oriented and on par with the global agriculture education standards.
The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
- ICAR is an autonomous body responsible for coordinating agricultural education and research in India.
- It is an autonomous organisation under the Department of Agricultural Research and Education (DARE), Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
- It was established on 16 July 1929 and was formerly known as the Imperial Council of Agricultural Research.
- It is the apex body for coordinating, guiding and managing research and education in agriculture including horticulture, fisheries and animal sciences in the entire country.
- The Union Minister of Agriculture serves as its president.
- It is the largest network of agricultural research and education institutes in the world