In news- The first-ever tri-services joint exercise between India and the UK began on October 21.
About Konkan Shakti 2021-
- It aims to “derive mutual benefits from each other’s experiences and also showcase the continuing cooperation between the two countries”.
- The maritime component of the exercise, to be conducted off the west coast of India, will be held in two phases.
- Royal Navy (RN) will be represented by its aircraft carrier, HMS Queen Elizabeth, with her integral F35 fighter aircraft and helicopters.
- The Indian Navy (IN) would be represented by three of its indigenously built stealth guided missile destroyers INS Kolkata, INS Kochi and INS Chennai, two stealth frigates, INS Talwar and INS Teg, and the tanker INS Aditya.
- The exercise at sea will feature advanced warfare tactics, Anti-Submarine Warfare exercises, over-the-horizon targeting drills, Air Defence Exercise, Cross Deck landings and other complex maneuveres at sea.