In news– The Union Health Minister launched the ‘Knock every door’ campaign to boost second-dose vaccination recently.
About the campaign-
- The “Har Ghar Dastak” (Knock Every Door) campaign is scheduled to start soon in districts with low vaccination rates to enthuse and motivate people towards getting their jab.
- The goal is to cover the entire adult population with at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine by the end of November.
- As part of the campaign, the Ministry has urged the States to make regional and local-level plans with all the stakeholders to reduce the number of people with vaccination overdue.
- As of October 31st, in India, 10.38 Crore people are due to get their second dose of vaccine from 17 states.
- Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal, and Uttar Pradesh are the states under focus because of low vaccination rate.
- More than 1.6 crore people are from Uttar Pradesh, 1.1 Crore from Madhya Pradesh, 76 lakhs in Maharashtra, 86 lakhs in Rajasthan, 60 lakhs in Tamil Nadu and 72 lakhs in Bihar are due for their second doses.
- Central government has set-up a cut-off of 77% coverage for the first dose while 33% cut off for the second dose.