Prime Minister launched Kisan Suryoday Yojana in Gujarat
About Kisan Suryoday Yojana
- Under this yojana, Rs 3,500 crore will be spent over the next three years for providing solar power to farmers for irrigation during daytime
- It aims to provide 16 hours(between 5 AM to 9 PM) of power supply to farmers in the state every day
- The state government has allocated a budget of Rs 3500 crore for installing transmission infrastructure under this scheme by 2023.
- 234 ‘66-Kilowatt’ transmission lines, with a total length of 3490 circuit kilometers (CKM) will be established under the project, in addition to 220 KV substations.
- Under this scheme, farmers in 1,055 villages in Junagadh, Gir Somnath and Dahod districts will be given solar power and this scheme will be extended to farmers across the state of Gujarat in next three years