In news : Government of India launched this app to help farmers during Covid-19 lockdown
Who can register on this App?
Farmers, Traders ,FPOs (Farmer Producer Organisations) and Transporters can register
About Kisan Rath mobile app
- Ministry: It was launched by the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare
- It facilitates farmers, FPOs and traders across India to search and contact the transport service providers for transporting the Agriculture & Horticulture produce.
- The app connects them with the transport service providers, providing a wide range of trucks and tractor trolleys, and also allows posting the requirements of part-load as well as full-load.
- The app interfaces with major transport aggregators and also allows individual transporters to register their vehicles and provide services to farmers and traders.
- In the app, the registered Farmer, FPOs, buyer or trader posts a load which is sent to transport aggregators, individual transporters and tractor owners (under CHC scheme) registered on the app and they can respond with their contact no. and quotes.
- The requestor can view the responses to their posted loads and negotiate offline with the transporters to finalise the deal and can provide a rating for the transporter once the trip is completed.
- The app is available in select languages.
- It facilitates Farmers and Traders in identifying right mode of transportation for movement of farm produce ranging from foodgrain (cereal, coarse cereal, pulses etc), Fruits & Vegetables, oil seeds, spices, fiber crops, flowers, bamboo, log & minor forest produce, coconuts etc.
- This App also facilitates traders in transportation of perishable commodities by Reefer (Refrigerated) vehicles.