In news– Recently, the Prime Minister launched key initiatives in the Education sector, during the inaugural conclave of Shikshak Parv.
About Shikshak Parv
- ‘Shikshak Parv 2021’ is being celebrated to honour the contribution of teachers, learning during pandemics, new initiatives under NEP 2020 among others.
- The celebration started on September 5 and will continue till September 17 in recognition of the valuable contributions of teachers and to take New Education Policy (NEP) 2020 a step forward.
— : “Quality and Sustainable Schools: Learnings from Schools in India”.
Following are the various initiatives launched & mentioned(by PM) during the event:
- Indian Sign Language Dictionary – Audio and text embedded sign language video for the hearing impaired, in conformity with Universal Design of Learning.
- Talking Books-audiobooks for the visually impaired.
- School Quality Assurance and Assessment Framework(SQAAF) of CBSE- It would address the deficiency of the absence of a common scientific framework for dimensions like curricula, pedagogy, assessment, infrastructure, inclusive practices and governance process.
- NISHTHA teachers‘ training programme for NIPUN Bharat and Vidyanjali portal (for facilitating education volunteers/ donors/ CSR contributors for school development).
- Vidyanjali 2.0-It is a portal for facilitating education volunteers, donors and CSR contributors for school development. It is the platform for the country’s resolution to ‘Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas’ with ‘Sabka Prayas’.
- National Digital Architecture i.e. N-DEAR- Itis likely to play a major role in eradicating inequality in education and its modernization. N-DEAR will act as a ‘super-connect’ between various academic activities in the same way as UPI interface revolutionized the banking sector.