KAPILA’ Kalam Program for Intellectual Property Literacy and Awareness campaign has been launched by Union Education Minister on the 89th birth anniversary of former President and Scientist Late Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
Need for the programme
- As mentioned by the minister it is necessary not only to invent for the self-sufficiency of the country but also to patent the inventions. Patent of inventions will lead India towards Self-Reliance
- India has a proud history of Nalanda and Takshila Universities so we already had the intellectual property inherited within our culture.
- India has to again lead the world as Vishwaguru in the field of patents, he added.
- For India to become a $5 trillion economy, we have to be more aware of protecting intellectual property
A Brief note on KAPILA
- This initiative has been taken towards making India self-reliant.
- Under this campaign, students pursuing education in higher educational institutions will get information about the correct system of the application process for patenting their invention and they will be aware of their rights
The Institution Innovation Council (IIC 2.0)
- IIC 2.0 annual report was also presented on the occasion and the launch of IIC 3.0 was announced.
- It has also been decided to celebrate the week of October 15th to 23rd as ‘Intellectual Property Literacy Week’.
- The IIC 3.0 website was also launched.
- The Institution Innovation Council was established by the Ministry of Education in 2018.
- So far, IICs have been established in about 1700 higher educational institutions. IIC will be established in 5000 higher educational institutions under IIC 3.0.