About Kala Sanskriti Vikas Yojna (KSVY)-
- Under the scheme cultural organisations are given financial assistance for the promotion of art and culture.
- It is an umbrella scheme consisting of a number of schemes such as:
- Scheme of Financial Assistance for Promotion of Art and Culture.
- Scheme of Financial Assistance for Creation of Cultural Infrastructure.
- Scheme for Safeguarding the Intangible Cultural Heritage.
The sub-components for these schemes–
Scheme of Financial Assistance for Promotion of Art and Culture
- Repertory Grant scheme: Its objective is to provide financial support for all genres of performing arts activities and imparting training of artists by their respective guru on regular basis in line with ‘Guru Shishya Parampara’.
- Financial assistance to cultural organisations with national presence
- Cultural function and production grant (CFPG) to provide financial support to NGOs/societies/trusts/universities.
- Financial assistance for the preservation and development of cultural heritage of the Himalayas through research, training and dissemination through audio visual programmes.
- Financial assistance for the preservation and development of Buddhist/Tibetan organisations including monasteries engaged in the propagation and scientific development of Buddhist/Tibetan cultural and tradition and research in related fields.
Scheme of Financial Assistance for Creation of Cultural Infrastructure
- Financial assistance for building grants including studio theatres by providing financial support to NGOs, trusts, societies, government sponsored bodies, universities, college, etc for creation of cultural infrastructure.
- Financial assistance for allied cultural activities by providing financial assistance to all eligible organisations for creation of assets for enhancing the audio-visual spectacle for allied cultural activities.
- Financial assistance for Tagore cultural complexes (TCC) by providing support for restoration, renovation, extension, alteration, upgradation, modernisation of existing cultural facilities (Rabindra Bhawans, Rangshalas, multipurpose cultural complexes), etc.
Scheme for Safeguarding the Intangible Cultural Heritage
- The objective is to reinvigorate and revitalize various institutions, groups, NGOs, etc, so that they may engage in activities/projects for strengthening, protecting, preserving and promoting the rich intangible cultural heritage of India.