Ministry of Textiles is organizing Kala Kumbh – Handicrafts Thematic Exhibition in various parts of the country through the Office of Development Commissioner (Handicrafts).
To promote Geographical Indication (GI) crafts and heritage of India
- The exhibitions are planned in various major cities like Bengaluru, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Chennai.
- The exhibitions sponsored by Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts (EPCH) started on 14th February 2020 and will continue till 23rd February 2020 at Bengaluru and Mumbai and will also be organized in Kolkata and Chennai in March 2020.
About Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts
- Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts (EPCH) was established under Companies Act in the year 1986-87 and is a non-profit organization, with an object to promote, support, protect, maintain and increase the export of handicrafts.
- It is an apex body of handicrafts exporters for promotion of exports of Handicrafts from country and projecting India’s image abroad as a reliable supplier of high quality of handicrafts goods & services and ensured various measures keeping in view of observance of international standards and specification.
- The Council has created necessary infrastructure as well as marketing and information facilities, which are availed both by the members’ exporters and importers.