Source: ANI news & Business Standard
- India is the host for the Shangai Co-operation Organization Joint Exercise on Urban EarthquaKE Search & Rescue (SCOJtEx)-2019
- The exercise was organized by NDRF in the National capital to rehearse disaster response mechanisms and share knowledge, experience, and technology.
- The main focus of the joint exercise will be to test the region’s preparedness to activate intergovernmental interaction for an immediate response.
- The exercise is the outcome of the 9th meeting of the heads of government departments of SCO countries dealing with the prevention and elimination of emergency situation in Kyrgyzstan in 2017, in which India offered to organize the next annual disaster management exercise for the region.
- The four days of joint cooperation in the field will help the member countries in dealing with rescue and search operation in a disaster situation
- Further, the forum will provide a platform to come up with planning and protocol to deal with the disaster
- The exercise provided an opportunity to enhance the coordination and co-operation involving operations in an earthquake scenario among the member countries