The Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has extended the time limit for submission of Jeevan Praman Patra (Life Certificate) up to 28th February 2021
A brief note on the issue
In view of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and the vulnerability of elderly population to CoronaVirus, EPFO has extended the time limit up to 28th February 2021 for submission of Life Certificate (Jeevan Pramaan Patra-JPP) in respect of the Pensioners drawing pension under EPS 1995 and whose Life certificate is due in any month till February 28, 2021
What is Jeevan Praman Patra (Life Certificate)?
- Jeevan Pramaan is a biometric enabled digital service for pensioners. Pensioners of Central Government, State Government or any other Government organization can take benefit of this facility.
- Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners scheme of the Government of India known as Jeevan Pramaan
- It aims to streamline the process of getting this certificate and making it hassle free and much easier for the pensioners.
- With this initiative the pensioners requirement to physically present himself or herself in front of disbursing agency or the certification authority will become a thing of the past benefiting the pensioners in a huge way and cutting down on unnecessary logistical hurdles.
- It uses the Aadhaar platform for biometric authentication of the pensioner. A successful authentication generates the Digital Life Certificate which gets stored in the Life Certificate Repository.
- The Pension Disbursing Agencies can now access the certificate online.