Why is it in the news?
Recently, Union Minister of State for Human Resource Development launched the Curriculum for Life Skills(JeevanKaushal) designed by University Grants Commission (UGC), in New Delhi
What is it?
- The program has been framed for Undergraduate courses across the country.
- The Designed program is for 8 credit points and can be accommodated in any semester of the course.
- Jeevan Kaushal is aimed at:
- Inculcation of Emotional Intelligence.
- Development of Intellectual Competencies.
- Development of verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- The program will comprise of four courses:
- Communication skills,
- Professional and Leadership skills,
- Problem-solving and Decision-making,
- Universal human values.
The course is designed to impart and strengthen the knowledge, skills and dispositions believed to be the best requisites of the current Industry and thereby empower the talent inherent in each learner. Life skills (Jeevan Kaushal) curriculum cover the set of human talents acquired by an individual via classroom learning or life experience that can help them to deal with problems encountered in day to day life. This includes the core skills each individual must possess internally as well as externally for the betterment of self and the society as a whole