In news– The 4th Janaushadhi Diwas 2022 was observed from 1st March to 7th March.
About Janaushadhi Diwas-
- In 2019 the Prime Minister of India announced the celebration of Jan Aushadhi Diwas every year on 07th March to educate the general public about the benefits of the Jan Aushadhi Pariyojana.
- The event is an initiative by the Department of Pharmaceuticals which functions under the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers.
- The theme for 2022 is ‘Jan Aushadhi-Jan Upyogi’ and the theme of the third Jan Aushadhi Diwas celebrations (2021) was ‘Seva bhi – Rozgar bhi’.
- The Government of India has set itself a target of setting up about 10,500 jan aushadhi kendras across the country by the seventh anniversary of the celebration of the day in March 2025.
The Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP)-
- It is an initiative by the Department of Pharmaceuticals that seeks to provide affordable medicines to the general public.
- Under the scheme, the price of the medicine is based on the principle of a 50 per cent discount on the average price of the top three medicines by different brands in the market.
- As a result, the prices of the medicines are a minimum 50 per cent lesser and by 80-90 per cent in instances.
- Bureau of Pharma PSUs of India (BPPI), the implementing agency of the PMBJP.
- The National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA), which functions under the Department of Pharmaceuticals is responsible for regulating the price of all drugs, whether they are branded or generic.
- The Pharmaceuticals & Medical Devices Bureau of India (PMBI) is responsible for spreading awareness about the different kinds of generic medicines available.