The Prime Minister has launched a campaign on Jan Andolan for COVID-19 Appropriate Behavior in view of the upcoming festivals and winter season as well as the opening up of the economy. He has appealed to people to unite to fight Corona and urged the people to always remember to wear a mask, wash hands, follow social distancing by maintaining ‘Do Gaz Ki Doori.’
More About Jan Andolan
- A Concerted Action Plan will be implemented by Central Government ministries and departments and State Governments and Union Territories with region-specific targeted communication in high case-load districts.
- Proper dissemination of precautionary measures on all media platforms throughout the country will be put out. Special focus will be laid on simple and easily understandable messages, so that they can reach every citizen.
- The campaign, launched via a series of tweets with the #Unite2FightCorona tag, garnered major support on social media.
- It aims to be a low-cost, high-intensity campaign with the key messages of ‘wear mask, follow physical distancing and maintaining hand hygiene’.
- The campaign will be conducted in various languages across the country and a Covid-19 pledge will be taken by all.