Source: Kurukshetra Magazine and Ministry of Agriculture
Key features of the portal
- Jaivikkheti portal is a unique initiative of the Ministry of Agriculture (MoA), Department of Agriculture (DAC) along with MSTC to promote organic farming globally.
- Promotion of organic farming: It is a one-stop solution for facilitating organic farmers to sell their organic produce and promoting organic farming and its benefits.
- E-Commerce & knowledge platform: The portal is an E-commerce as well as a knowledge platform. Knowledge repository section of the portal includes case studies, videos, and best farming practices, success stories and other material related to organic farming to facilitate and promote organic farming. The e-commerce section of the portal provides the whole bouquet of organic products ranging from grains, pulses, fruits and vegetables.
- Products available at door-step: Through this portal buyers can now avail organic products at their doorstep through the portal at much lower prices.
- Linking the stakeholders: This portal links various stakeholders like regional councils, local groups, individual farmers, buyers, government agencies and input suppliers for the all-inclusive development and promotion of organic farming.
- Price discovery Mechanism to Farmers: The portal provides various price discovery mechanisms to help farmers get the best prices for their products through forward auction, price-quantity bidding, book building and reverse auction mechanisms.
Facilities under the Portal
- Seller Registration: An individual farmer can register himself/herself in the portal.
- Buyer Registration: A potential buyer can choose products without login, however when they are ready to purchase a product, they must register or login in the portal.
- Local Group Registration: A farmer group can register the total group. The group leader should register in the portal using the Group Registration number. After registration, the group leader can upload products for himself or on behalf of other farmers in the group.
- Input Supplier Registration: An Input Supplier can register himself/herself in the portal and upload their product details in the portal for display purpose
- Bidding: Other than regular purchase from e-Bazaar, buyers can also purchase products by bidding on the products made available by the sellers. It facilitates the bidding process by three methods: Book Building, Price-Quantity and Reverse Auction.
- Buyer Guide: The port has a variety of factors when choosing featured shopping results, including information about the item (such as category, price, delivery mode, state, district and certification), availability, costs.