In News: Recently, The Indian National Young Academy of Sciences (INYAS) has launched a multi-pronged nationwide mass awareness campaign to bust myths about the COVID-19 vaccination programme.
About INYAS mass campaign on COVID
- The Department of Science & Technology (DST) launched a multipronged nationwide mass awareness campaign.
- Campaign to bust myths about COVID 19 vaccination in 11 languages, including English and Hindi, making the immunization programme successful.
- The COVID-19 vaccination awareness campaign organized by Indian National Young Academy of Sciences (INYAS).
- Campaign carried out through COVACNEWS android-based mobile app made by INYAS for ensuring information at the fingertips.
- A pan-India info-graphic video and audio competition with motivation to transform information into better readable and effective formats is also being organised along with the GYAN TEEKA webinar series dedicated to increase awareness about vaccines through eminent speakers and open statement on COVID-19 vaccination.
- The entries of the competition will be utilized to increase vaccine awareness by INYAS, and these competitions will be judged in three groups – school, college and professional.
- Highlighted the role of science communication in the present situation when the whole world is fighting against COVID-19.
- Launching the campaign, the DST Secretary highlighted the role of science communication in the present situation when the whole world is fighting against COVID-19.
Indian National Young Academy of Sciences (INYAS)
- First and only recognized young scientist academy of India.
- INYAS was founded by the INSA council in December 2014.
- Vision: To promote Science education and networking among young scientists at National as well as International level.
- Initiatives, such as National Frontiers of Science meetings, technical symposiums, Science outreach camps, remote area lectures, career awareness workshops, webinars on current topics and many more,
- Actively working to connect the young scientists of the country as well as the world for Science promotion through above initiatives.
- INYAS provides a platform to exchange ideas, initiate discussions on scientific topics, collaborations among the new generation of scientists and to make the voices of the young researchers be heard by senior academicians and policy makers of the country.