Union Minister for Electronics and Information Technology launches the international version of UMANG App
- In order to mark the occasion of 3 years of UMANG and 2000 plus services milestone, an online conference was organized under the chairmanship of Minister for Electronics and Information Technology
- During the conference, the Minister launched the app in coordination with the Ministry of External Affairs for select countries that include USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE, Netherlands, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand.
- This app will help Indian international students, NRIs and Indian tourists abroad, to avail Government of India services, anytime.
- It will also help in taking India to the world through ‘Indian Culture’ services available on UMANG and create interest amongst foreign tourists to visit India.
- The Minister also unveiled the newly instituted UMANG Awards for Partner Departments of Centre and States based on the highest number of transactions across services
About UMANG App
- The UMANG mobile app -Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance is a Government of India all-in-one single, unified, secure, multi-channel, multi-lingual, multi-service Mobile App.
- It provides access to high impact services of various Government of India Departments and State Governments such as AADHAR, DigiLocker, Bharat Bill Payment System, PAN, EPFO services, PMKVY services, AICTE, CBSE, Tax and fee, Utilities bills payments, Education, Passport
- It was developed by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and National e-Governance Division (NeGD) to drive Mobile Governance in India.
Recent Additions to the app
Making it easier for pensioners to check their passbook and even update their Jeevan Pramaan Patra or life certificate from their mobile phones, the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) allows subscribers to access 16 different services on the UMANG app. To avail these services pensioners need an active UAN (Universal Account Number) and a mobile number registered with the EPFO.