- India has been hosting the IEVP since 2012 elections where International delegates are invited to visit the Polling stations and see the electoral processes in practice for themselves in person.
- IEVP Programme provides a platform for exchange of ideas and sharing of experiences, best practices and skills in the field of Electoral Management with various countries.
- Ambassadors/High Commissioners and other members of the Diplomatic Corps based in India from nine countries also participated in this virtual IEVP 2022.
- Apart from 32 countries, 4 international organizations including International IDEA, International Foundation of Electoral Systems (IFES), Association of World Election Bodies (A-WEB) and Community of Democracies participated in IEVP 2022.
- In the past, ECI has hosted IEVPs for foreign EMBs/Organizations on a few occasions including Lok Sabha elections 2014 and 2019 and for state assembly elections in Feb/March 2017.
- During the pandemic, ECI organized the first virtual IEVP in November 2020 during the Bihar Assembly elections.
- It was followed by another virtual IEVP in April 2021 during elections for Legislative Assemblies of Assam, Kerala, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu and West Bengal.
Association of World Election Bodies (A-WEB)-
- It is the largest association of Election Management Bodies (EMBs) worldwide.
- Permanent secretariat of A-WEB is in Seoul, South Korea.
- It was founded with the shared vision among its members of achieving sustainable democracy around the world.
- A-WEB also undertakes Election Visitor and Observation Programmes in various countries to study various election management practices and share knowledge with other Member of EMBs.