Source: Press Information Bureau
It is a demand driven scheme under which financial assistance is provided on a reimbursement basis to the eligible State /Central Government Organisations and Registered Industry Associations, societies /trusts associated with promotion and development of MSME sector. The scheme is implemented by the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- Technology infusion and/or upgradation of Indian micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs)
- Modernisation of MSMEs
- Promotion of the exports of MSMEs
The following organizations are eligible to apply under the scheme:
- State/Central Government Organisations
- Industry/Enterprise Associations; and
- Registered Societies/Trusts and Organisations associated with the MSME.
The eligibility conditions for financial assistance under the scheme are:
- The organisation should be suitably registered (i.e., companies under the Companies Act, societies under the Societies Act, etc.) with the primary objective of promotion and development of MSME
- The organisation must be engaged in such activities for at least the last 3 years and have a good track record
- The organisation should have regular audited accounts for the past 3 years.
- Events, for which financial support under the Scheme is sought, must have significant international participation.
The scheme supports the following activities:
- Deputation of MSME business delegations to other countries for exploring new areas of technology infusion/ upgradation, facilitating joint ventures, improving market of MSMEs products, foreign collaborations, to visit international exhibitions/trade fairs etc.
- Participation by Indian MSMEs in international exhibitions, trade fairs and buyer-seller meets in foreign countries.
- Participation in International exhibitions/ trade fairs held in India in which there is international participation.
- Holding international conferences and seminars on topics and themes of interest to the Indian MSMEs.