In news- Recently, a 50 kWp Solar roof top was inaugurated in Solan, Himachal Pradesh under the Integrated power Development scheme (IPDS) of the Ministry of Power.
- As part of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav, the 50 kWp Solar rooftop project is commissioned by Himachal Pradesh State Electricity Board Ltd (HPSEBL).
- Under the ongoing ‘Go Green’ Initiative in form of Rooftop Solar, solar panels are also installed in Uttar Pradesh (10 MWp), Karnataka (8 MWp), Kerala (5 MWp), West Bengal (4 MWp), Uttarakhand (3 MWp) and Himachal Pradesh (1 MWp).
- The project further reinforces the ‘Go Green’ Initiative of the government envisaged in the Urban Distribution scheme of the government of India.
About the IPDS-
Ministry of Power, Government of India notified “Integrated Power Development Scheme” (IPDS) on 3rd December 2014 with following components:
- Strengthening of sub-transmission and distribution networks in the urban areas.
- Metering of distribution transformers / feeders / consumers in the urban areas.
- IT enablement of the distribution sector and strengthening of distribution network under R-APDRP for 12th and 13th Plans by carrying forward the approved outlay for R-APDRP to IPDS.
- Schemes for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and IT enablement of balanced urban towns are also included under IPDS.
- Underground cabling to include additional demand of States and smart metering solution for performing UDAY States and Solar panels on Govt. buildings with net-metering are also permissible under the scheme.
- All Discoms will be eligible for financial assistance under the scheme.
- GoI Grant = 60% (85% for special category States).
- Additional Grant = 15% (5% for special category States) – linked to achievement of milestones.
Power Finance Corporation (PFC) is the nodal agency for implementation of IPDS (R-APDRP subsumed), a priority scheme of the Ministry of Power, Govt. of India for the Urban Power Distribution sector of the Country.
Restructured Accelerated Power Development and Reforms Programme (R-APDRP) –
Ministry of Power launched R-APDRP in July 2008 with focus on establishment of baseline data, fixation of accountability, reduction of AT&C losses upto 15% level through strengthening & up-gradation of Sub Transmission and Distribution network and adoption of Information Technology during XI Plan.