About Integrated Manufacturing Cluster (IMC)
- The Amritsar-Kolkata Industrial Corridor (AKIC) Project extends from Amritsar (Punjab) to Dankuni (West Bengal) to give a boost to industrial activity in the Northern and Eastern part of the country.
- The AKIC will have an influence area across seven Indian states – Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal. The length of the Amritsar-Kolkata Industrial Corridor (AKIC) is 1839 km.
- The project aims at major expansion of Industrial Cluster in all the seven states of Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Uttrakhand, Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal along route of Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor
- One Integrated Manufacturing Cluster (IMC) has been finalised for further development in the seven states.
Following seven Integrated Manufacturing Clusters (IMCs) have been identified:
- Rajpura-Patiala (Punjab)
- Prag-Khurpia Farms (Uttarakhand)
- Bhaupur (Uttar Pradesh)
- Gamhariya (Bihar)
- Barhi (Jharkhand)
- Raghunathpur (West Bengal)
- Saha (Haryana)