In News: The first one-of-its-kind initiative by the Government of India, IHIP uses the latest technologies and digital health initiatives.
Under Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India
- The Government has launched Integrated Health Information Platform (IHIP) in 7 States in 2018 and currently, it is operational in 11 States. Action is being initiated for pan-India expansion of the revised surveillance platform for which the trainings are being conducted in all the states and UT’s.
- IHIP is real time, village-wise, case based electronic health information system with GIS tagging which will help in prompt prevention and control of epidemic prone diseases.
- Initiative will provide near-real-time data to policy makers for detecting outbreaks, reducing the morbidity and mortality and lessening disease burden in the populations and better health systems.
- Objective of IHIP is to enable the creation of standards compliant Electronic Health Records (EHRs) of the citizens on a pan-India basis.
- The EHRs aim to build a comprehensive Health Information Exchange (HIE) as part of this centralized accessible platform.
- The success depends primarily on the quality of data shared by the states.
- Effective implementation IHIP, 32,000 people at the block level, 13,000 at the district level and 900 at the state level have been trained.