Source: PIB & iGOT platform
During the Conference on Capacity Building Reforms by Department of Personnel Training, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions a Consultation Paper on ‘Approach to Strategy and Implementation of iGOT 2.0 was released
The National Training Policy, 2012 mandates that all civil servants will be provided with training to equip them with the competencies for their current or future jobs. Such training is to be imparted at the time of their entry into service, and at appropriate intervals in the course of their careers. That is where the concept of the scheme of ‘Training for All’ (TFA) had emerged.
- The initiative aims at “Competent Civil Services for Good Governance”
- This approach is also aimed at putting in place a systematic training hierarchy, which shall cater to the training requirements of the officials, commensurate with their changing role with upward movement in the training hierarchy
- All Indian Administrative Service (IAS) Officers, Indian Police Service (IPS), Indian Forest Service (IFoS), Group ‘A’ Central Civil Service Officers and all Group ‘A’ officers belonging to Central Secretariat Service (CSS), Central Secretariat Stenographer Service (CSSS) and State Administrative/Civil Service
- All Group ‘B’ and ‘C’ officials belonging to State Civil Services
- All Group ‘B’ and ‘C’ officials belonging to Central Secretariat Service (CSS), Central Secretariat Stenographer Service (CSSS).
Eligibility in terms of the Length of Service:
- All the eligible officials should have served for at least two years from the end of the calendar year of their allotment of service in their respective cadres.
- Upper Age limit – 56 years as on 1st July of the year of commencement of training
Key features and benefits of Integrated Government Online Training (iGOT)
- iGOT is developed by the Department of Personnel Training, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
- It will augment the existing training mechanism with online module-based training coupled with certification. This will make training inputs available to government servant on-site and on flexitime basis.
- The e-Learning mode provides unparalleled opportunities for training to a large number of civil servants scattered all over the country.
- The latest technologies make available vast resources of learning material and online courses, providing the individuals enormous choices and flexibility in learning.
- The online training programme through Massive Online Open Courses mechanism would be a platform to bring together the numerous Government and other training institutions for providing a single point of access to the repository of training resources.
- This will provide a broad training eco-system creating synergies across various premier training institutes of the country and will cater to the training needs which can encompass all the officials in the entire hierarchy of Central and State Governments.
- This platform will ultimately build a large training eco-system.
- The training courses under this programme are accessible through DoPT’s web portal.
- Among the bouquet of Training Courses on offer through this initiative are those offered by MIT, USA too.
- DoPT has collaborated with JPAL, South Asia and MIT, USA to launch MITx Micro Master Programmes for the government servants.