Source: Yojana magazine
In order to enhance multidisciplinary approach in teaching-learning and to sensitize the new generation, (AI) has been introduced as a subject in class IX from the session 2019-20 in the schools affiliated with Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
A twelve-hour ‘Inspire’ module on AI has also been announced, in which schools can take up with the students of class VIII. the study material for teaching AI in classes VIII and IX has already been provided to schools through the CBSE’s website
The objective of this module/curriculum is to develop a readiness for understanding and appreciating Artificial Intelligence and its application in our lives. This module/ curriculum focuses on:
- Helping learners understand the world of Artificial Intelligence and its applications through games, activities and multi-sensorial learning to become AI-Ready.
- Introducing the learners to three domains of AI in an age-appropriate manner.
- Allowing the learners to construct the meaning of AI through interactive participation and engaging hands-on activities.
Learners will be able to :
- Identify and appreciate Artificial Intelligence and describe its applications in daily life.
- Relate, apply and reflect on the Human-Machine Interactions.
- Identify and interact with the three domains of AI: Data, Computer Vision and Natural Language Processing.
- Undergo assessment for analyzing their progress towards acquired AI-Readiness skills.
- Imagine, examine and reflect on the skills required for the futuristic opportunities.
- Unleash their imagination towards smart homes and build an interactive story around it.
- Understand the impact of Artificial Intelligence on Sustainable Development Goals to develop responsible citizenship.
- Research and develop an awareness of the skills required for jobs of the future.
- Describe the potential ethical considerations of AI.
- Gain awareness about AI bias and AI access.
- Develop effective communication and collaborative work skills.
Skills to be developed