Source: PIB (Budget)
- Common Mobility Card (NCMC) :India’s first indigenously developed payment ecosystem for transport, based on National Common Mobility Card (NCMC) standards, launched in March 2019.
- Inter-operable transport card runs on RuPay card and would allow the holders to pay for bus travel, toll taxes, parking charges, retail shopping.
- Massive push given to all forms of physical connectivity through:
- Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana.
- Industrial Corridors, Dedicated Freight Corridors.
- Bhartamala and Sagarmala projects, Jal Marg Vikas and UDAN Schemes.
- State road networks to be developed in the second phase of Bharatmala project.
- Multi model terminals under Jal Marg Vikas Project: Navigational capacity of Ganga to be enhanced via multi modal terminals at Sahibganj and Haldia and a navigational lock at Farakka by 2019-20, under Jal Marg Vikas Project.
- Four times increase in next four years estimated in the cargo volume on Ganga, leading to cheaper freight and passenger movement and reducing the import bill.
Railway and Metro
- Rs. 50 lakh crore investment needed in Railway Infrastructure during 2018-2030.
- Public-Private-Partnership proposed for development and completion of tracks, rolling stock manufacturing and delivery of passenger freight services.
- 657 kilometers of Metro Rail network has become operational across the country.
- Policy interventions to be made for the development of Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO), to achieve self- reliance in aviation segment
- Regulatory roadmap for making India a hub for aircraft financing and leasing activities from Indian shores, to be laid by the Government.
- Outlay of Rs. 10,000 crore for 3 years approved for Phase-II of FAME Scheme.
- Upfront incentive proposed on purchase and charging infrastructure, to encourage faster adoption of Electric Vehicles.
- Only advanced-battery-operated and registered e-vehicles to be incentivized under FAME Scheme.
- Boost to Electric Vehicles
- Additional income tax deduction of Rs. 1.5 lakh on interest paid on electric vehicle loans.
- Customs duty exempted on certain parts of electric vehicles.
- National Highway Programme to be restructured to ensure a National Highway Grid, using a financeable model.
- Power at affordable rates to states ensured under ‘One Nation, One Grid’.
- Blueprints to be made available for gas grids, water grids, i-ways, and regional airports.
- High Level Empowered Committee (HLEC) recommendations to be implemented:
- Retirement of old & inefficient plants.
- Addressing low utilization of gas plant capacity due to paucity of Natural Gas.
- Cross subsidy surcharges, undesirable duties on open access sales or captive generation for industrial and other bulk power consumers to be removed under Ujjwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana (UDAY).
- Package of power sector tariff and structural reforms to be announced soon.
- Reform measures to be taken up to promote rental housing.
- Model Tenancy Law to be finalized and circulated to the states.
Joint development and concession mechanisms to be used for public infrastructure and affordable housing on land parcels held by the Central Government and CPSEs